httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: More basics on the perl-framework stuff..
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:26:58 GMT
Doug MacEachern wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>

>>I have some lines that need to be added to extras.conf, but I'd
>>prefer to embed them in the .t file rather than editing extras.conf.in.
>>I want to be able to drop in a .t file without having to modify
>>any of the existing framework to accommodate it.
>>

> you can create a t/conf/foo.conf.in that will Include-d for you in
> httpd.conf.  i realize it would be nicer to have the conf in the .t, but
> we've tried to avoid that in the interest of startup time.  there's
> already close to 100 .t files we'd need to scan.  we have a similar
> problem wanting to implement a CONFIGURE routine for .t's to create
> directories, files, etc. at configuration-generation time rather than
> test-run time.
>
> how about if opened each .t and looked at the first line for a flag that
> says scan me:
>
> % cat foo.t
> #APACHE_HTTPD_TEST: configure
>
> use Apache::Test;
>
> if we require the first line have this token (or something like it), we
> can avoid the wasted time of scanning all the .t's that do not have any
> configuration info.

another idea would be to have a second file for this purpose. So if you
have foo.t you'd add foo(.t?).conf.in in the same directory with
whatever things you want. This is a snap to add (we already scan t/conf
for .in files now we can just scan all dirs under t/ recursively.

I think this preserves the locality as close as possible.