httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <>
Subject Re: [patch] adding the startup polling functionality
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 18:29:31 GMT
Doug MacEachern wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:
>>I've figured out that I have to run many times t/TEST -run
>>until it successfully pings the server under t/TEST -d, so I want the
>>polling functionality for -run too. Since now we have 3 places where the
>>polling happens (start/ping/run), this patch:
> i like -run the way it is because it doesn't actually send any requests to
> the server, just uses ->ping.  i've been using this for profiling for
> example: t/TEST -times 10 -run t/ssl/verify 2
> i don't want the /index.html request included in the profile data.
> i also often do:
> t/TEST -d lwp -run > test.log
> and don't want extra "waiting for server ..." output in the log.
> and would rather not see a new -poll option.
> can you make t/TEST -ping=block -run ... work for the functionality
> you're after?

I didn't suggest to change how the default -run works (see the patch).
I've suggested a new option -poll, which when used will poll the server
till it starts. since it's the same as -ping=block for ping, I've
removed the =block part.

Stas Bekman             JAm_pH      --   Just Another mod_perl Hacker      mod_perl Guide

View raw message