httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: running flood
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 10:18:54 GMT
On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 10:09:54AM +0000, Isabella Pighi wrote:

> Hi,
> I applied the patch you posted for mandrake 8.0 and a compiled again flood specifying
random file and certificate directory.
> The program  has problems only dealing with https websites.
>
> ~/flood/httpd-test/flood $ ./flood dweb_test/round-robin-ssl.xml
> OK http://us0.benchmark.dweb.intranet.db.com/
> OK http://www.db.com/central/ver40/html/home/index.html
>  open request failed (https://ip0-dwebu1.srv.uk.deuba.com/).
> Error running farmer 'Joe': Error string not specified yet.
>
> I checked the version of openssl I am using (0.9.6b), and I can telnet on the port 80
of ip0-dwebu1.srv.uk.deuba.com manually without any problem.
> Hummm ... any clues?

Oops, did you pass --enable-ssl to configure?  I forgot that Aaron
changed the default to not build with SSL support (for legal
reasons).

I'm in the process of cleaning up the build code right now, but
you should be able to check out what it is in CVS right now and
you should have better luck (please make sure you re-run
buildconf).  If you pass a https URL to a non-SSL enabled flood,
you will now get an error like:

jerenkrantz@tweety% ./flood examples/round-robin-ssl.xml
open request failed (https://www.modssl.org/example/test.phtml).
Error running farmer 'Joe': This function has not been implemented on this platform

(This is a much better error message than was there at the
beginning of the day - we output the URL and say that it hasn't
been implemented - which is technically correct.  Not really
user-friendly, but it'd let us know what is going on.)

And, if you are on Solaris 2.6, you'll probably need to specify
--with-openssl to indicate your OpenSSL location as it probably
won't be in the default search path.

I have also updated the documentation on the website to indicate
that SSL is no longer the default...  Sorry for any confusion on
our part.

> Thank you very much for your kind help

No problem!  I hope we get you up and running with flood.  Please
bear with us.  =)  -- justin