httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: running flood
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 22:26:33 GMT
On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 04:36:02PM +0000, Isabella Pighi wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to use Flood, (just downloaded and compiled with the distribution version
of apache (2.0.28).
> I've used the round-robin-ssl.xml configuration files adding only one site in the urllist.
> this is the error message I got :
>
> $ ./flood test/round-robin-ssl.xml
> open request failed.
> Error running farmer 'Joe': Error string not specified yet.
>
> I compiled flood on a solaris box, (2.6)  without warnings.
>
> What can I do? Could you help me?

Well, we've seen reports of this on Mandrake 8.0 as well, but we
can't reproduce this ourselves.  For some reason, the connection
isn't being opened to the server.  Can you connect to that site
with a browser, etc?

I've committed the patch that I posted last time that prints out
which URL we die on.  (I bet it's going to be the first one
though.)  So, update your copy of flood from CVS and you will
know which URL caused this.

Since you are using SSL, it also may be related to not having
a good OpenSSL environment.  Try adding the following compilation
options for flood:

--with-randfile=/path/to/random/bytes/file
--with-capath=/path/to/certficate/directory

You need a random file (I think >1024 bytes) and a directory
where OpenSSL can deposit the CA information.  I think that
if OpenSSL errors out, we print out its error message.  But,
I could be wrong.  So, this may be your problem as well.

If flood works with non-SSL URLs, then it is definitely an
OpenSSL problem...

Let me know if this helps.  -- justin