httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Wierd problem with apache/post test
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 20:50:34 GMT
On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Gary Benson wrote:

> Anyone have any objections to my rewriting mod_echo_post to dump
> everything to a temporary file and then read it back?

I wish I understood exactly why this was happening... it seems almost
indicative of some problem in Apache or APR.  The module shouldn't have to
buffer all this stuff... it should be able to do a read from the input
filter chain, process it, and send some output down the output filter
chain, and that ought to be it.  Buffering the whole thing either in RAM
or on disk in a production environment would open a huge DoS hole.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA