httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [patch] user defined debug script
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 16:39:14 GMT
On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Stas Bekman wrote:

> How does it live with t/.gdb-test-start, or do you start it manually (I
> mean without t/TEST -d)?

it just works.  try it:
% cat .gdbinit
define sr
   printf "%s\n", ap_server_root
end
% t/TEST -d
ctrl-c
(gdb) sr
/home/dougm/ap/httpd-test/perl-framework/t

i intentionally chose a name other than .gdbinit (.gdb-test-start) for
this reason.

> but that requires typing on every debug session :( I want to automate
> things to a maximum to make debugging less irritating and erroneous.

no typing required with .gdbinit

> since you mentioned your custom files, can you please share the new .gdbinit
>  ala .gdbinit in modperl 1.x sources? I guess you are talking about .gdbinit

there's nothing useful in there to share.  my point is that we do not need
a new feature which re-invents functionality that already exists in gdb.