httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip Labee" <pla...@covalent.net>
Subject RE: Skipped tests marked as failed?
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 17:06:36 GMT
I agree that skipped tests are not failures.  Testing should attempt to
break the code, and its goal is to produce failures (which then lead to
fixes to defects in the code).  From that perspective, a test that passes
and a test that isn't run provide roughly the same amount of information.

--Philip Labee
  Covalent Technologies, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rodent of Unusual Size [mailto:Ken.Coar@Golux.Com]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 4:32 AM
To: test-dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Skipped tests marked as failed?

I thought skipped subtests were supposed to be treated as
qualified successes?  And Doug, didn't you say the output
displayed by the skip sub would say 'skipped'?

# Testing LimitRequestBody; should succeed
# Chunked transfer-encoding enabled
# Chunked upload not tested; not supported by this version of LWP
ok 7 # # Chunked upload not tested; not supported by this version of LWP
        :
# Testing LimitRequestBody; should fail
# Chunked transfer-encoding enabled
# Chunked upload not tested; not supported by this version of LWP
ok 9 # # Chunked upload not tested; not supported by this version of LWP
        :
FAILED tests 7, 9
        Failed 2/10 tests, 80.00% okay

Looks like 'skip' reported 'ok', but got recorded as a failure..?
--
#ken	P-)}