httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: example of a t/SKIP file?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:54:16 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

 > Stas Bekman wrote:
 >
 >>>modules\\dav
 >>>ssl\\all
 >>>
 >>May be the SKIP file's parser should complain when it cannot find the
 >>specified files?
 >>

 > No, I don't think so -- then you'd have to special-case wildcards.

That's easy to solve, wildchars can be detected and expanded. Is glob()
a portable function?

 > I'd just rather it was consistent -- and even better, platform-neutral.
 > I like OtherBill's :: syntax.  I would like to see it come up into
 > 't/TEST modules::dav", too.

I guess I'm unix biased, but I don't like it at all. For example you
cannot do path completion and use unix tools to feed paths to t/TEST.

On the other hand we could support a few separators and make them do the
right thing on each platform.