httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Perl framework ignoring stderr redirection?
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:25:55 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> I don't get this at all.  I have a shell script (call it foo.sh)
> which, among other things, includes
>
> t/TEST -clean > /dev/null
> t/TEST
>
> When I execute this so:
>
> foo.sh 2>&1 > /tmp/foo.log
>
> I expect to see all stderr and stdout emissions in /tmp/foo.log.
> And so I do -- for everything in the script *except* the stderr
> stream from t/TEST, which comes to my screen instead.
>
> WTH??  Why, and how to fix?

I think the only place where stderr is used is in Apache::TestTrace, but
I cannot see what's the problem.

This works:

$ (t/TEST -clean 2>&1) > /dev/null

it's weird by in tcsh this works without any problems:

% t/TEST -clean >& /dev/null

a broken bash maybe?
% sh --version
GNU bash, version 2.05.1(1)-release (i586-mandrake-linux-gnu)