httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: compiling http 2.0 / flood on Redhat 6.2
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 06:28:57 GMT
On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 09:43:23PM -0500, Mark Evans wrote:
> I found another problem!   I followed the directions again, after
> resolving my previous PATH_MAX problem, I can now build httpd-2.0,
> however, when I tried to build flood,
>
> Sorry if I'm being a bother...
>
> this is what I got:

[snip]

I have also had this problem, and I suspect it is because you are either
building shared versions of httpd (ie --with-mods-shared=...)  or there
is something broken.

The problem is that there are three libs that are for some reason not
being linked against your flood executable: libcrypt, libpthread, and
libdl. The workaround is to manually specify these in the param list
to the link command, as "-lcrypt -lpthread -ldl".

If I get some more time I'll try to look into this some more.

-aaron