httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/perl-framework/t TEST.PL
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:14:19 GMT
On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> It's ok, that patch broke win32 as well... we end up with paths like

wha?  the 5.005 compat patch did not change behavior at all.  the commit
message says:
  backport to 5.005:
  - open my $fh, ... => my $fh = Symbol::gensym(); open $fh, ...
  - our @foo => use vars qw(@foo)
  - create a stub warnings.pm
  - complain if File::Spec::Functions does not exist

the latter two don't happen if $] >= 5.006, and there's no way the other
two would change how paths are looked at.

> C:/httpd-test/perl-framework/C:/httpd-test/perl-framework/t/conf
>
> since it doesn't look to Unix like C:/ starts a path.
>
> I'd suggest we revert, and find a better solution for Win32.

you must be talking about the patch that added this to Apache/TestRun.pm,
right??

BEGIN {
    #Apache likes everything to be in /unix/path/file.ext format
    $INC{'File/Spec.pm'} = __FILE__;
    require File::Spec::Unix;
    @File::Spec::ISA = qw(File::Spec::Unix);
}