httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Outch(es) on Win32 perl-framework
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 01:50:10 GMT
On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> [Tue Oct 16 19:07:41 2001] [error] (33501)No such host is
> known.  : Cannot resolve host name _default_:mod_proxy --- ignoring!

when config files are generated from .conf.in to .conf these are supposed
to be replaced with a port number, see
Apache::TestConfig::replace_vhost_modules().

> Paths, across the board, are incorrect.  We are using perl's understanding of
> '\' seperators in File::Find, etc, and need to keep Apache's conf in '/' syntax.
> This could explain some of the problems, above.

ha, and here we were thinking that using File::Spec functions would make
things portable.

> The list of skipped tests implies that we know nothing of the modules.c list
> from Win32.  Can we change the logic to rely instead upon httpd -l ???

it does use httpd -l.  see get_httpd_static_modules() in
TestConfigParse.pm

> I would start debugging, but I rather expect there are all sorts of unix
> assumptions by the testbench and modules, WRT line endings and the like.
> Any suggestions on what to hack first?  Alternate approaches to invoking
> t/TEST that could rule out/rule in suspects?  See any patterns in the
> failure list?

i would concentrate on getting the following to work:

 t/TEST -start

and try a few simple urls:
 t/TEST -get /

 t/TEST -get /server-info

i have an unused machine at home i've been thinking about install NT and
msdev studio on, i could probably be more help that way.