httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: example of a t/SKIP file?
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2001 02:05:23 GMT
clayton cottingham wrote:

> in Re: Winnow?
> Doug M said:
>
> - create a t/SKIP file with passing tests
>   setenvif.t
>   access.t
>   etc.t
>

> could someone give me a short example of this SKIP file

sure, for example in mod_perl-2.0 setup

t/SKIP:
-------
# skip all files in protocol
protocol

# skip basic cgi test

modules/cgi

# skip all filter/input_* files
filter/input*

If you want to skip completely a directory, specify the name of the
directory as in the protocol dir in the last example. But since the
skipping is done based on matching the skip patterns from t/SKIP against
a list of potential tests to be run, some other tests may be skipped as
well if they match the pattern.
e.g. if there was a test named cgi/protocol it'll be skipped to using
the last example's SKIP file.

So if you want to skip a complete directory you may create instead a
file all.t in that directory, and it should print "1..0\n".