httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject [important] you must prefix printed debug/info comments in Perl tests with #
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2001 05:38:42 GMT
The following affects all Perl tests writers.

I've read the latest Test::Harness pod, and it includes the following:

        Comments
            Additional comments may be put into the testing output
            on their own lines.  Comment lines should begin with a
            '#', Test::Harness will ignore them.

              ok 1
              # Life is good, the sun is shining, RAM is cheap.
              not ok 2
              # got 'Bush' expected 'Gore'

        Anything else
            Any other output Test::Harness sees it will silently
            ignore BUT WE PLAN TO CHANGE THIS! If you wish to
            place additional output in your test script, please
            use a comment.

Which means that we should gradually change all the tests to start the
comments with '#', or they may break in the future. And of course write
new tests using '#'.

The tests that have been using Apache::TestUtil::t_cmp() don't have to
change anything at all. I'll fix t_cmp() to prefix # on its comment output.

Those who change their tests, please port the tests to use t_cmp() and
then it'll be fixed automatically for you.