httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: checking for openssl 0.9.6a
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 22:15:07 GMT
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 02:46:35PM -0700, hiten pandya wrote:
> > hey all,
> > i was going through the httpd-test , i went into the flood
> > directory, it said in the STATUS file about asking autoconf
> > to check for OpenSSL 0.9.6a, i found out that there is no
> > way i could do it because i am new to the autoconf
> > environment.
> >
> > But I have the information if someone was interested in
> > fixing the problem:
> >
> > Installation directory: /usr/local/ssl
> > Bin Directory: /usr/local/ssl/bin (openssl)
> > Lib Directory: /usr/local/ssl/lib/ (libssl.a)
> >
> > I tried the following command and it did give me OpenSSL
> > 0.9.6 but not the _a_ bit...but i think the date will be
> > helpful...
> >
> > It was released on:
> > # openssl version
> > (OpenSSL 0.9.6 24 Sep 2000)
> >
> > I think that would prove helpful if someone wanted to code
> > the macro or just a test for checking OpenSSL 0.9.6a, for
> > autoconf,

Actually, openssl provides a preprocessor symbol with the version embedded.
Take a look at <openssl/opensslv.h> and you'll find this:

#define OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER  0x0090602fL

You can use the autoconf macro AC_TRY_COMPILE to write a little piece of
code that #errors if the version is below 0x0090602fL (for openssl-0.9.6b).

How's that sound?

-aaron