httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: intro and question [flood]
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 19:59:04 GMT
On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 12:39:45PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> > > I remember noting that flood can't compile against the static openssl
> > > libs, and I may have put this in the STATUS or something... If not
> > > we should look into this at least.
>
> I thought it was the other way around.  On Solaris, OpenSSL can't build
> shared libraries.

I don't remember that (you could be right). I do recall that OpenSSL
doesn't want to install shared libs by default, you have to do
--enable-shared (if you compile it yourself).

For the record, flood is *very experimental* and should only be used at
this point by people who are willing to fix/maintain it. I will continue
to make fixes if it suits me or if it'll help another developer, but
other than that I don't forsee much flood development in the near future
(at least until we have something significant for apr-serf).

-aaron