httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: [patch] hint why the test was skipped
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:54:48 GMT
From: "Stas Bekman" <>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 11:14 PM

> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

That is, in and of itself, a great thing!

> Can you please expand on the problem you are talking about? And how do
> you want it to be handled?

Right now, we pass the argument to t/TEST somesuite/item.

If we adopted the Perl syntax of somesuite::item, the parsers wouldn't have
to deal with differences between somesuite/item.t and somesuite\item.t
which would make documenting the 'invoking' feature much simpler for all

Right now, we generally worry about the 'unixish' family, and OS2, Win32
and Netware all accept foo/bar even though their native tounge is foo\bar.

If we ever support far stranger platforms [and you seem ready with all of
the file::spec code in the tree ;-] then this will become more difficult.

View raw message