httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: [patch] hint why the test was skipped
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:54:48 GMT
From: "Stas Bekman" <stas@stason.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 11:14 PM

> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

That is, in and of itself, a great thing!

> Can you please expand on the problem you are talking about? And how do
> you want it to be handled?

Right now, we pass the argument to t/TEST somesuite/item.

If we adopted the Perl syntax of somesuite::item, the parsers wouldn't have
to deal with differences between somesuite/item.t and somesuite\item.t
which would make documenting the 'invoking' feature much simpler for all
platforms.

Right now, we generally worry about the 'unixish' family, and OS2, Win32
and Netware all accept foo/bar even though their native tounge is foo\bar.

If we ever support far stranger platforms [and you seem ready with all of
the file::spec code in the tree ;-] then this will become more difficult.