httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Benson <gben...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: func5.t again.
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2001 17:56:04 GMT

God I hate this test...

I have no idea what is causing these two; $SCRIPT_FILENAME should be set
by Apache according to the PHP manual. As for the permissions, I just
don't know.

We could probably revert to the one that uses the logfile and tails it; I
think the ultimate problem was that there was a race going on (hence the
sleep 1 in func5.t).

I don't mind one way or another...

Gary

[ Gary Benson, Red Hat Europe ][ gbenson@redhat.com ][ GnuPG 60E8793A ]

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, john sachs wrote:

> hi,
> this is the first time im running the new func5, where it writes a file to say that it
ran.  its not working.  i get this in the body of the initial request:

> foo() will be called on shutdown...
> Warning: fopen(".ran", "w") - Permission denied in /home/john/ht-cvs/httpd-test/perl-framework/t/htdocs/php/func5.php
on line 9

> this in the error_log:
>
> can't write .ran.
>
> so it looks like a couple things are bad here.
> 1) $file = "$SCRIPT_FILENAME.ran"; is not getting set correctly
> 2) it seems php thinks it has no permission to write to the directory.
>
> i dont know enough about php to know how 1 should work.
> as far as 2...it should have permission to write anything its all running as same user...other
scripts can write content to those dirs...