httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: TestConfig->new deletes vhosts (et al)
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2001 17:36:35 GMT
On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Gary Benson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm getting problems with tests passing if I run:
>
> % perl t/TEST
>
> but failing if I run:
>
> % perl t/TEST -start-httpd
> % perl t/TEST -run-tests
> % perl t/TEST -stop-httpd

works fine for me.

> It seems that this chunk of code, from TestConfig.pm (~ line 140), is the
> culprit. It deletes the section of the config file that contains the
> virtual host stuff, which breaks the tests which need them.
>
>     #regenerating config, so forget old
>     if ($args->{save}) {
>         for (qw(vhosts inherit_config modules inc)) {
>             delete $thaw->{$_} if exists $thaw->{$_};
>         }
>     }
>
> Does anyone know _why_ it deletes the vhosts stuff -- is it required by
> something else, or was it once required but not any more?

that should only happen when configuration is being generated, in which
case the vhosts will be rediscovered.  things like apxs are canidates for
reuse from the old config.  otherwise, cached config is used and that bit
is not run.  i wonder if you have something in your shell env that is
triggering reconfiguration, such as:
my %passenv = map { $_,1 } qw{
APXS APACHE APACHE_GROUP APACHE_USER APACHE_PORT
};