httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Benson <gben...@redhat.com>
Subject Changes to server config: opinions wanted
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:05:41 GMT

Hi all,

I've been comparing httpd-test/perl-framework with our prototype in-house
apache tester, and the main difference I've found has been that our tests
carry what configuration directives they need inside the .t files; there
is no extra.conf. This makes the tests more self-contained, and has the
advantage that it allows each test to be carried out in different
`contexts' -- the same test can be run with its directives in the main
configuration, in a vhost or in .htaccess files.

[Basically, each test calls the function UseConfigurationDirectives(),
which generates the configuration and SIGHUPs httpd. There is also a
method for tests to specify contexts in which they may/may not be run.]

I'm quite happy to port this functionality to httpd-test -- it isn't a
massive change -- but before I start (in earnest) I'd like to know if
anybody thinks it would break anything. I can see the tests taking a bit
longer to run, but would it, for example, make the smoke-tests less valid?

Gary

[ Gary Benson, Red Hat Europe ][ gbenson@redhat.com ][ GnuPG 60E8793A ]