httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Pools, possible replacement, WAS: RE: [Fwd: brianp patch Quantify results]
Date Sat, 25 Aug 2001 01:49:45 GMT
On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 05:44:40PM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> > mod_include, PHP -- something dynamic? You just want to CPU-strap
> > some typical system usage, and then see what the maximum req/sec
> > throughput is you can get, right?
>
> Right, but I see no mod_include pages that are in the current CVS
> tree (FAQ.html looks likes it should be).  I'm trying to do
> something that is reproducible by other people.  =-)  -- justin

The t/htdocs/modules/include/*.shtml stuff is probably the best at the
moment... if you can run those many, many times with a lot of concurrency,
that'd probably get you somewhere.

Better yet, take all of those, make a bigass.shtml out of them with loads
of recursion and multiple includes of the same file over and over, etc.

Throw mod_ssl into the equation and you might get even closer to something
testable, though it'd arguably be better if the load were pool-use-heavy.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA