httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/flood CHANGES flood_farm.c
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 07:17:19 GMT
On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 11:28:55PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 11:18:11PM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> > does linux have strtoll? IIRC, we're just reading it into an 'int' anyway,
> > so why the long long?
>
> You wrote that code.  =)  I didn't even know strtoll existed.  I use
> strtol.

Wow that was a weird typo then. A typo that works? ;)
Looks like I did, but we have strtol() in some places and strtoll()
in others. I don't think it really matters, since strtol() on linux
is a long int anyway (which I have no idea how many words that is). If
anything, maybe we should make them all strtol().

> > >   - Remove forking stuff in flood.c as it doesn't make sense to fork() here
> > >     anyway as this is only bootstrap code.
> > >   - Make reports output either the current thread id or the pid
> >
> > I assume this is only temporary until we have a better GUID? We really
> > shouldn't be calling apr_os_thread_id() and then trying to print it as
> > an int. How about just a counter for each new thread/process?
>
> Maybe.  Commit it.  I don't care.  I do like the fact that when
> debugging I can correlate that to the thread/process id.  That's a
> bonus.  -- justin

I'll put it in the STATUS file for now, I'm tired ;)

-a