httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-test/flood config.h.in configure.in flood.c flood_easy_reports.c flood_farm.c flood_net.c flood_net_ssl.c flood_report_relative_times.c
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2001 06:26:39 GMT
On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 11:13:16PM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> I thought mpmt was what we were striving for all along for platforms that
> could support it. *BSD is the only platform we're really worried about
> WRT threads, no?

It's the most glaring omission.  =)

> as much as possible". If you think we can emulate the typical 4-threaded
> GUI browser by treating threads and processes the same, then I am totally
> cool with that.

I think that is our best option at the farm level.  On platforms without
threads, this is as close as we can get it.

I think the key thing with the farm is that the count variable is
intended to be run in parallel not serial (unlike the count for a
urllist which is implicitly serial).  If we allow a farm to also
be run in serial, then a test that can simulate 10 users by creating
10 threads on platform X, but simulates 1 user doing the same
thing 10x as long on platform Y isn't good.  So, yes, I think a farm
must be run in parallel.  =-)  If that's not in the docs, then too
bad.

FWIW, I'm going to be spending some time on the flood site/docs
tomorrow and over the weekend.  Roy's added the subproject members
(you and jsachs) to httpd-site, so you should be able to commit
there now too.  -- justin