httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: Belated introduction
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2001 17:27:54 GMT
On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 06:06:25PM +0100, Gary Benson wrote:

> I suppose that I should have introduced myself to you all before my first
> post, but I had a head full of code and I forgot :-]
>
> So here goes: I've just started working for Red Hat, with Mark Cox and Joe
> Orton (amongst others), and I'm looking at replacing their prototype live
> testing thing with httpd-test. I'm going to be writing a bunch of tests
> which will hopefully get merged into httpd-test, if you like them.
>
> I'm currently getting up to speed with the internals of Apache, and trying
> very hard not to ask stupid questions, so please be considerate if I
> suddenly ask something stupid ;-)

Welcome.  =-)  There are no stupid questions...

Are you looking for something that does more functional testing or load
testing?

There are currently two facets of the httpd-test repository:

- A Perl-based suite of tests that will test the functional aspects of
  the Apache server.
- A C-based load tester (flood) that will stress the server with
  dynamically-generated data and user profiles.

We are open to any other ideas/projects you might have.

Submit patches and stuff.  We're generous about giving commit access to
this repository, so as soon as you submit one test, we'll probably break
down and give you access.  -- justin