httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: t/modules/rewrite tweaking
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 06:32:20 GMT

> Especially important to make sure that those who code the modules know
> about the existance of this project and the best way to proceed is to do
> the following:
>
> - every time a bug gets reported, before you even attempt the fix, write a
> test that exposes the bug.
> - now fix the bug and make sure that test passes ok.
> - it's possible that a few tests can be written to expose the same bug.
>
> Now if anybody with the high httpd karma could let others know about this
> magic scenario, that would help the test writers a lot.

I have posted to new-httpd at least twice letting people know about the
perl framework.  I am going to use this project as my final excuse to learn
perl, once I get the time to sit down in front of a computer, so at least one
of the new-httpd programmers will be writing tests sooner or later.  :-)

Ryan