httpd-packagers mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: AIX packaging
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 08:29:12 GMT
On 06 Feb 2012, at 9:47 AM, Michael Felt wrote:

> I am still not happy with having to run "make install" twice, as the make
> install to TEMPDIR fails when it cannot find one of the libraries (looking
> in /opt/httpd/lib - which might not be there)

Can you confirm which libraries you're referring to? Libraries (like APR and friends) should
be packaged separately from httpd, otherwise problems like this result. In this current case,
one side effect of building the package is that the files get installed onto the build machine
itself, without actually installing the package, and that is likely to surprise a lot of people.

Regards,
Graham