httpd-packagers mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: AIX packaging
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 16:18:25 GMT
On 06 Feb 2012, at 4:51 PM, Michael Felt wrote:

> I have used the same files for two builds (2.2.22 and 2.4.0).
>
> For some reason, 2.2.22 will not install to TEMPDIR without the build being installed
in the "normal" area first.
> With 2.4.0 the "make install TEMPDIR" command works, but I am getting several errors.

Am I right in assuming that you're trying to build srclib/apr and srclib/apr-util inside the
tree?

If so, it probably won't work - both APR and APR-Util would need their own packaging, and
would be installed first independently of httpd. I suspect this is where the install is going
wrong.

If you create similar build scripts for the APR and APR-Util projects following the same structure
(you'll recognise a similar build directory), I can get those committed for you.

Regards,
Graham