httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Discard a brigade from filter
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2017 16:40:33 GMT
On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 16:30:27 +0200
manu@netbsd.org (Emmanuel Dreyfus) wrote:

> Hello
>
> Is there a way to completely discard a brigade in an input filter, and
> not pass it through filter chain?

This doesn't quite make sense.  An input filter pulls data into
the brigade supplied by its caller, so you are in control all the time.

> Removing all buckets cause an empty brigade to be sent to next filter
> and that causes trouble.

You mean, returned to the caller?  That shouldn't matter (indeed
it should be an expected behaviour in a non-blocking filter).
If it is a problem (perhaps due to a bug outside your control),
issue a blocking call to your own upstream and don't return
anything until you have data (or EOS).
Or if I were working around a bug in closed source, I might
try inserting a placeholder such as an empty data bucket.

--
Nick Kew