httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Rabel <christoph.ra...@gmail.com>
Subject How to create ssl backend connections in a module?
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2017 17:36:36 GMT
Hi,

I have written an apache module that sometimes connects to a backend
server. Currently it does that through http, open a socket, send a get
request, get a response, process it. Nothing special.

Now we need to support https too and I am wondering, how that could be
accomplished.
Should I use openssl directly? Does that work? Are there any helper
functions I could use?

I tried to find examples, but it is quite difficult since most of the
examples cover configuration of ssl, not implementation of a ssl socket.

I was also looking at mod_proxy but I don't understand how that stuff with
the worker works. It's a lot of code and in the end I just need to open an
ssl socket and I guess I can do the rest the same way as before.

Any hints are appreciated.
I should support Apache 2.2, but I might be able to weaken that to support
only Apache 2.4, if that makes a huge difference.

Tia,

Christoph