httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Basin Ilya <basini...@gmail.com>
Subject Can byterange filter request only needed ranges from my module instead of discarding?
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2017 12:02:39 GMT
Hi.
I have a custom module that generates its output on the fly. (Consider a hypothetical "download.cgi"
or "download.php", but it's a module, not script).
I don't process the range headers myself. I just write the whole data using ap_rwrite(). If
the client performs a ranged request, the byterange filter discards some of my output and
sends a correct multipart response.

However, it's inefficient to serve huge virtual files this way when only a small part of such
file requested. How to solve this?