httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can byterange filter request only needed ranges from my module instead of discarding?
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2017 00:26:09 GMT
On Sun, 2017-02-26 at 21:00 +0300, Basin Ilya wrote:
> Instead of writing data in my handler can I create there a custom bucket, let the byterange
filter split it properly and let the core filter call my custom read function?

I think so in principle.  Your bucket type would have to
satisfy byterange_filter, meaning it has to know its own length.

In practice, it may not work as you expect.  If there's any
content filter between your handler and the byterange module,
then that will read your bucket and defeat your purpose.

Why not write a mock-up of your proposed design?  Say, a
bucket that serves data from a static file by seek/read,
just to see how it behaves in different configurations
and whether you can make the architecture work for you?

--
Nick Kew