httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Ayush.Anand <Ayush.An...@target.com>
Subject Failed to allocate memory error in IHS webserver
Date Mon, 09 May 2016 12:31:37 GMT
Hi All,
I have written an IHS webserver plugin (apache modules<https://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/developer/modguide.html>)
which intercepts all the requests and dump into a log file (including post parameters).
When I run this under load I get a lot of “ lib_htrequest: htrequestWrite: Failed to allocate
memory” .
When I take memory snap, below is a sample output (When free memory is < 300 MB, I get
the memory error).

Mem:         24096      18658       5437          0        822      17017
-/+ buffers/cache:        818      23277

As per the https://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/developer/modguide.html#memory

"Managing your resources in Apache HTTP Server 2.4 is quite easy, thanks to the memory pool
system. In essence, each server, connection and request have their own memory pool that gets
cleaned up when its scope ends, e.g. when a request is done or when a server process shuts
down. All your module needs to do is latch onto this memory pool, and you won't have to worry
about having to clean up after yourself - pretty neat, huh?"

Has anyone else faced this kind of problem ?

—Thanks
Ayush Anand| • TARGET  |