httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Tracking sent responses
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 15:07:12 GMT
On Fri, 6 Nov 2015 09:12:40 -0500
Julien FROMENT <Julien.FROMENT@sagemcom.com> wrote:

> Here is the pseudo code:
>
>   -- Client send a request
>
>   -- Apache processes the request and send it to the backend server

>   -- The backend server returns the response
>
>   -- Apache sends the response to the client
>
>   -- Apache calls Async API with the number of bytes sent

Hmm, that sounds like something I wrote (not, alas, open source)
for a client many years ago.  But if you're only looking for
bytes sent, it's probably easier than that.  Before investing in
new development, consider:
 - Could you hook your notification into regular piped logging?
 - Would regular logging through an API like syslog or spread
   serve (there are third-party modules for those).
 - Would a security-oriented tool like Ironbee be complete overkill?

--
Nick Kew