httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Sorin Manolache <sor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: server directives are lost when activating module in vhost
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2015 14:13:03 GMT
On 2015-10-21 15:45, Justin Kennedy wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have these two directives specified in the root httpd.conf:
> ServerTokens Prod
> ServerSignature Off
>
> Those directives are being honored and all is well, until I activate my
> module within a virtual host. Once that happens, these directives are
> ignored.
>
> Is it possible for my module to be interfering with the other directives
> outside of my module configuration? If so, I'm thinking this could this be
> happening in my merge configuration hook, even though I only deal with
> directives related to my module.
>
> Any ideas?

As far as I can imagine I cannot see how a module can interfere with the
directives of another module (unless it handles the same directives).

What happens if you disable your merge hook? Can you post your merge
callback here?

> For debugging, it would be helpful if I could output the value of this
> directive in the various methods of my module. How can I access the value
> of this directive from within my module?

These directives belong to the "core" module. So, in theory, you should

core_conf_object = ap_get_module_config(conf_vector, &core_module);

and then read the values from the core_conf_object.

In practice however you can't do that because neither the address of
core_module nor the definition of the core_conf structure are available
to third-party modules.

--
Sorin