httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Massimo Manghi <mxman...@apache.org>
Subject graceful child process exit
Date Sun, 20 Sep 2015 22:45:27 GMT
Hi,

I'm working on an issue with mod_rivet, a content generator module that
embeds in Apache the interpreter of the Tcl scripting language. I won't
bother you with the details of the problem (but if anyone is interested
I'm ready to answer any questions) and let me put the question in short
form:

we need to give the module the ability to gently exit a child process,
something like the function clean_child_exit I found in both prefork.c
and worker.c MPMs that would do exactly what I need (delete the pChild
pool and trigger the associated cleanup functions) but I could not find
a public interface to it. Is there a public interface to achieve this
functionality? The function ap_mpm_safe_kill at first looked a good
candidate but I could not find documented if it's *the right way*

thank you for any help

  -- Massimo Manghi