httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org>
Subject Re: question about mod_lua's status
Date Sun, 20 Sep 2015 20:10:21 GMT
On 09/20/2015 10:00 PM, Guilherme Macedo - BlueSecure wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Does anyone know why mod_lua is still in experimental status and if
> there is any plan for it to go to extension or base?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Guilherme Macedo | bluesecure.com.br

The experimental status refers to the fact that the API may change from
release to release. The module itself is stable and is used in
production in many places (we use it at Apache ourselves on servers with
millions of daily requests). It is considered a part of the official
releases, although some distros have failed to include it properly (I
believe in part because of some packaging issues).

So, to sum up: the module works, but we may decide to alter it a bit
from time to time, hence the 'experimental' status sticking to it.

With regards,
Daniel.