httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Bligh <a...@alex.org.uk>
Subject Re: mod_websocket ownership (and fixes)
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 21:50:19 GMT

On 10 Sep 2015, at 22:05, Jacob Champion <champion.p@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've submitted a pull request to the original author, but I'm assuming he will not suddenly
appear out of the blue after three years, so I plan to actively own and maintain my fork on
GitHub. If you're also interested in WebSockets with Apache, and/or you've submitted a pull
request to the original project and it hasn't gone anywhere, please give me a buzz.

Interested, but have very limited time.

Thanks for this.

Here:
  https://github.com/abligh/apache-websocket

in the vncproxy directory you will find a vncproxy (which is actually a generic tcpproxy as
well, though it could be hugely simplified to do that alone) which you are welcome to have
if you've not changed the API to the websocket modules.

It would be really helpful if you could document how the threading / FD processing / bucket
brigade runs now. Crucially you've put all the bucket brigade handling into a single thread
(I think) which I take it is the same thread as apache itself uses - that's what I reckoned
I needed to do to get it to work
reliably with SSL.

--
Alex Bligh