httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best practice for handling synchronous signals SIGFPE etc
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 20:53:46 GMT
On 04/20/2015 03:50 PM, Mark Taylor wrote:
> I found that ./server/mpm_unix.c is registering a handler (sig_coredump)
> for SIGFPE, SIGSEGV, and other synchronous signals.  I'd like to handle at
> least these two in my module, using my own handler.  But then how do I
> determine if the the handler is called on a request thread or a server
> thread? And I'd like to default to still run the sig_coredump() function if
> it's signal is not in my module.
>
> Does anyone have experience with this?
>
> Regards,
> Mark

A hook is provided for a module to perform some processing for
coredump-ing signals, but the hook can't be used to prevent httpd from
performing the usual sig_coredump work.

mod_whatkilledus is a module that uses that particular hook and
understands when a request or connection is active.  There's info and a
download link at http://emptyhammock.com/projects/httpd/diag/index.html