httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Jacob Champion <jacob.champ...@ni.com>
Subject Re: Debugging mod_websocket -- any others out there?
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 20:56:12 GMT
On 2/26/2015 1:04 PM, Jacob Champion wrote:

> On 2/25/2015 6:35 PM, Alex Bligh wrote:
>
>> 2 x apr_file_pipe_create ?
>
> I also found APR_POLLSET_WAKEABLE and apr_pollset_wakeup(), which appear
> to encapsulate the self-pipe into the pollset itself.

It turns out file descriptors cannot be polled on Windows, so
apr_file_pipe_create() is out. APR has a Windows-only function called
apr_file_socket_pipe_create(), but it's private to the implementation of
apr_pollset_wakeup(). So apr_pollset_wakeup() it is.

(I would prefer to use apr_file_socket_pipe_create() myself -- my
current solution has the theoretical problem that the wakeup pipe could
fill up, if clients send messages fast enough that poll() is never called.)

Jacob Champion
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments