httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Neeley <sean.nee...@producepro.com>
Subject A web based terminal emulator as an Apache module?
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 16:30:19 GMT
I'm trying to determine if it is plausible to build an apache module for a
web based terminal emulator.  I would be borrowing some of the code from
the ShellInaBox project:
https://code.google.com/p/shellinabox/
The code uses openpty() to create a new process operating in a pseudo-tty.
The apache module would have to pass keyboard and display information back
and forth from the client browser to the pseudo-tty in the module.

It seems like with the pre-fork mpm, I cannot guarantee that the ajax POST
requests will make it to the same module instance each time.  Are modules
stateless?  Is it possible to share the pseudo-tty and hashmaps keeping
session information across all instances of my module?  Or is there
anything that can be added to the POST request to guarantee that it goes to
a specific module instance?

Thanks for the help.

- Sean