httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Sorin Manolache <sor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: is ap_hook_log_transaction the wright place where to write my stats code ?
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2014 09:24:29 GMT
On 2014-12-07 01:36, nik600 wrote:
> Dear all
>
> i've written a custom module to handle the cache of my CMS system.
>
> Basically this module works in ap_hook_translate_name and decides
> (following some custom logic) if the request can be served or not from the
> cache.
>
> If yes, the r->uri is changed to be served locally from my cache dir
> if no, the r->filename is changed to be server from
> a proxy:balancer://cluster config
>
> In the ap_hook_log_transaction i'd like to compute the time of content
> generation using:
>
>> float request_duration_sec=(float)(apr_time_now() -
> r->request_time)/1000000;
>
> Is this approach correct?
>
> Is there any other hook more appropriate to do that?
>
> Thanks all in advance.

Hello,

I think your approach is correct. However, have a look at the LogFormat
directive. The %D directive might do exactly what you want and
implemented in log_transaction.

Have a look at the RewriteCond and RewriteRule directives. The selective
proxying could be implemented by these directives without writing any code.

E.g.:

<LocationMatch ^/your_url_pattern>
     RewriteEngine On
     RewriteCond ...
     RewriteCond ...
     RewriteRule .*  http://proxy/path?args keepalive=on [P]
</LocationMatch>

<Proxy http://proxy/path>
</Proxy>

I have not tried it with balancers but I think it works and the
configuration is similar (balancer:// instead of http://).

Sorin