httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Joshua Marantz <jmara...@google.com>
Subject Re: sequence of request
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2014 12:13:11 GMT
Yes, in particular, the gdb feature that can help determine who is changing
r->filename is hardware watchpoints:
http://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb/Set-Watchpoints.html

1. Set a breakpoint at a line of code where you believe r->filename is
correct
2. Start up Apache with "run -X"
3. Issue a request to the server to hit the line of code where r->filename
is set.
4. Set up a hardware watchpoint with
      (gdb) p &r->filename
      $1 = (char**) 0x....
      (gdb) watch *$1
      Hardware Watchpoint 2

Depending on what you've done in the debugger beforehand, the "$1" may be
something like $3 or $4.  In that case use watch *$3, etc.

-Josh