httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre Lindenbaum <pierre.lindenb...@univ-nantes.fr>
Subject binding an external C library with I/O methods
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 09:56:50 GMT
(cross posted on SO: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24486926)

I'd like to use an external library that is able to write files using a
custom format. The API for this library looks like:

     MyFormatPtr format= myformat_openfd(int filedescriptor,const char*
mode);
     MyFormatPtr format= myformat_open(const char* filename,const char*
mode);
     (...)
     void myformat_close(MyFormatPtr format);

while the Apache API writes data using methods like `ap_rwrite`

How can I bind my library with Apache ? Something like:

     (...)
     ap_set_content_type(r,"data");
     int fd= ap_r_get_file_descriptor(r);/* <- this is what I need */
     MyFormatPtr format = myformat_openfd( fd , "w");
     (...)
     myformat_close(format);
     return OK;
     (...)