httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: binding an external C library with I/O methods
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 11:55:38 GMT
On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 11:56:50 +0200
Pierre Lindenbaum <pierre.lindenbaum@univ-nantes.fr> wrote:

> (cross posted on SO: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24486926)
>
> I'd like to use an external library that is able to write files using a
> custom format. The API for this library looks like:
>
>      MyFormatPtr format= myformat_openfd(int filedescriptor,const char*
> mode);
>      MyFormatPtr format= myformat_open(const char* filename,const char*
> mode);
>      (...)
>      void myformat_close(MyFormatPtr format);

You probably want to look elsewhere in your API.  An apache request isn't
a file, and has no file descriptor.

If your library is designed to be usable in non-file applications,
it'll offer some mechanism for plugging in your own I/O functions.

If not, you could perhaps try some ugly hack: create some bucket of
file-compatible type for it to write to.

--
Nick Kew