httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tcp/ip sockets in apache module
Date Fri, 23 May 2014 17:41:50 GMT
On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 1:27 PM, Jeremy Thompson <jeremy@warehousesports.com
> wrote:

> I'm trying to write a module for apache.  I've successfully compile in a
> test module that doesn't do a whole lot yet.  I would like to be able to
> use
> tcp/ip sockets in the module to talk to another server.  I added in some
> test code that should connect to my listening server and say hello whenever
> a request is made.  I'm not getting any errors upon compiling the module
> with the sockets stuff added but its not actually doing anything.
>  Basically
> its ignoring my connect and send code.  Does anyone have a small working
> example of this or am I just way off base in using TCP/IP for external
> communication to a module.  Thanks.
>
> ~Jeremy

You need to know how to step through your code with a source level debugger
so you can figure out these sorts of problems on your own.

Do you know how to do that?  Are you trying but it isn't stopping in your
code?  Is there some other issue with source level debugging?

--
Born in Roswell... married an alien...
http://emptyhammock.com/