httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tcp/ip sockets in apache module
Date Sat, 24 May 2014 00:23:50 GMT
On Fri, 2014-05-23 at 10:27 -0700, Jeremy Thompson wrote:
> I'm trying to write a module for apache.  I've successfully compile in a
> test module that doesn't do a whole lot yet.  I would like to be able to use
> tcp/ip sockets in the module to talk to another server.

This may or may not make sense in your application,
but have you considered using the proxy framework?
That might involve a mod_proxy_yourprotocol to handle
the tcp requirements.  Your main module would then
create a proxy subrequest when it needs a connection.

See mod_include for an example, where
<!--#include virtual ...> uses a proxy subrequest to
make an HTTP connection.

--
Nick Kew