httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Sorin Manolache <sor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to determine the "right" vhost in name based vhosting
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 09:57:07 GMT
On 2013-09-24 11:38, Christoph Gröver wrote:

> Hello list, Hello Sorin,
>
> I tested several different Apaches (2.4.x and 2.2.x) and they never did
> the wanted or expected.
>
> If I configure more than one VHost only the first one is returned by
> the server->server_hostname structure.
> The one of the second vhost that is configured as a "ServerName" seems
> to be impossible to determine?
>
> Is there any other way to find the hostname?

I suppose you use the server field of the request_rec structure and not
some stored server_rec that was passed to you in post_config or
somewhere else.

Apache keeps a linked list of server_rec structures. The head of the
list is the server_rec of the whole apache server. The rest of the list
contains one server_rec structure per vhost. For each request apache
picks the right server_rec from the list according to the Host header
and sets r->server to point to the picked object.

Also make sure that your request really arrives in the vhost you
intended. Typically I check this by logging to different files (see the
CustomLog directive) in each vhost.

Regards,
Sorin