httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Gröver <gro...@sitepark.com>
Subject Re: How to determine the "right" vhost in name based vhosting
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 12:34:23 GMT

Hello Sorin,

Thank you very much.

I finally found out the course of the strange results I am getting.

I used the request_rec to get the conn_rec. In this connection record
there's a field called base_server, which I used as the source for the
server_hostname.

request_rec *r;
conn_rec *c;
server_rec *server;

c = r->connection;
server = c->base_server;

My misunderstanding was that this leads to the main vhost I am using.
But it actually leads to the default server of the current ip:port
combination.

Now I use:

server = r->server;

This gives the expected result. Everything is fine now ;-).

I can't tell you why I used the more complicated way to retrieve a
server_rec. Probably just used some example code from somewhere.

In the beginning everything seemed alright since we always had just one
vhost under one IP. The problem showed up when we had a second vhost
running.

Another misunderstanding solved now. Thank you for your time (and
patience).

With kind regards ..
--
Sitepark Gesellschaft für Informationsmanagement mbH
Rothenburg 14-16, 48143 Münster

Telefon: +49 251 482655-0, Telefax: +49 251 482655-55
http://www.sitepark.com
http://www.facebook.com/sitepark

Geschäftsführer: Thorsten Liebold
Amtsgericht Münster, HRB 5017