httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Gröver <gro...@sitepark.com>
Subject Re: How to determine the "right" vhost in name based vhosting
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 11:04:40 GMT

Hello Sorin,

> I suppose you use the server field of the request_rec structure and
> not some stored server_rec that was passed to you in post_config or
> somewhere else.

Definitely. I have adopted this from some other module and didn't know
there was another way to obtain a server_rec structure.
So I should be looking for a better way to find the right structure.

Thank you very much. This sounds as if it will be the right way.

> Apache keeps a linked list of server_rec structures. The head of the
> list is the server_rec of the whole apache server. The rest of the
> list contains one server_rec structure per vhost. For each request
> apache picks the right server_rec from the list according to the Host
> header and sets r->server to point to the picked object.

This information will also help. Thank you.

> Also make sure that your request really arrives in the vhost you
> intended. Typically I check this by logging to different files (see
> the CustomLog directive) in each vhost.

This is actually the case. I receive the requests in the right vhost.
I have separate logfiles for each vhost.

Thanks for your answers. I guess I will be able to solve the issue with
these informations.

With kind regards,

--
Sitepark Gesellschaft für Informationsmanagement mbH
Rothenburg 14-16, 48143 Münster

Telefon: +49 251 482655-0, Telefax: +49 251 482655-55
http://www.sitepark.com
http://www.facebook.com/sitepark

Geschäftsführer: Thorsten Liebold
Amtsgericht Münster, HRB 5017