httpd-modules-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Bligh <a...@alex.org.uk>
Subject Re: thread safety and mpm-prefork
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 21:08:48 GMT
Sorin,

On 11 Jun 2013, at 21:57, Sorin Manolache wrote:

> The threadallocatormutex is created from a child of the request pool. The request pool
and its child-pools are destroyed when the request terminates. Do you use the threadpool/threadallocator/threadallocatormutex
afterwards?

Nope. It's one long running request, and at the end of the request handler, the thread I've
created is _join'ed, and the pools are destroyed.

When I torture test it, I can run 10 hours of fullscreen video through it, and every 5 or
6th such test results in a core dump (inevitably a bucket brigade pointer being unhappy).
We have a customer who seems to be talented at making things go wrong and who does not get
an abort/segv, but a 100% CPU live lock. gdb suggests the destruction of the bucket brigade
goes around and around - again a symptom of bucket brigade linked list pointers being unhappy.

--
Alex Bligh